Monday 1 August 2016

I am learning to:
- use a range of writing strategies and styles to suit the purpose of my writing.
- write within the structure of a recount.
- edit my writing so that it meets the purpose of my task more precisely.

Callaghan’s Ridge Walk

Last week we walked Callaghan’s Ridge for the William Pike Challenge. We all had to be here prepared before 8:40 am. Then at 8:50 we left in the cars to go to Callaghan’s Ridge. We got there at around about 9:10. At 9:30 we started walking the track. That was when the four hours started.

When we started the track my mum wanted to know if it was good for biking. So I took some photos to prove that it wasn’t good for biking but it is good for walking. During the track I took some photos and two or three videos. Some of the photos that I took are going to go on the class blog. The photos I took were birds, rocks, hills creeks and rivers.

We walked for a bit longer then we came across something. On the side of the track there were MASSIVE mushrooms on a tree. I didn’t notice them and they scared me. There was a step that you had to go down and when I saw the massive mushrooms I jumped off and I took a photo. Then we headed off again.

Before the mushrooms we stopped and had a snack then a while after the big mushrooms we had lunch. First we had to make our shelters. When my group made ours we all learnt how to do a trucker’s knot. Then Ms Kemp came around and checked our shelter. She said it was good so we could get our bags and eat lunch.

After all the eating we did a number check; the first person called and it carried on 1 2 3 4 5… 34. After we knew we had everyone we set off again. At one point we had to climb really high for so long and my ankles hurt so much.

At the end there were two ways and I didn't know what way to go.  Aleece came and looked up the left side and there was a building, then Allie and everyone else came. Allie said to go straight but they both led back because when we were back from the walk there was a building to the left and it was the same building that Aleece had seen. We went back to school after the walk and went home one minute early.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.